Monday, June 22, 2020

Quarantine week 13: School ends, doula training begins

We finally finished school after 12 weeks of distance learning! Woohoo! The kids really did great. I actually enjoyed having a bigger part in their learning. Before, I didn't really know what they were learning every day. It was fun to see Ruby work on math and interact with her classmates and teacher. It was fun to see Reid picking up new sight words and writing his little books. Overall it was difficult, but good at the same time.
Finishing up PE
He is obsessed with strawberries!
We changed her earrings out for the first time!
Blackberry turnovers... they were delicious.
On Thursday I started my training as a birth doula! I got all set up on Andy's desk in the bedroom. It was 5 days of 8-ish hour trainings, which was a little intense, but so good! Andy tackled handling the last day of school like a champ.
Last day of Kindergarten pic!
Last day of 2nd grade pic!
And of course he couldn't be left out. :)
We went on a very fun family walk on Thursday to celebrate school being done!
We started at a paved trail, then found a part that broke off into the woods. That led us to a large pond where we saw a heron.
And this HUGE frog.
This was maybe an old chicken coop? It was a very fun little hike.
Friday morning the kids had a "kid meeting" to discuss how summer was going to look. They're just so cute.
Then I came out on a break to find this cool car ramp.
Meanwhile in my training... hahahaha Trying to get a ping pong ball out of the balloon. :)
Ruby was my helper on Saturday to practice birth positions. She has a balloon tied on her belly.
She figured out an easy way to carry buckets of water.
They did a lot of playing outside! I didn't get many pics this week because I was a little busy. Training was so good, and I am now officially a trained doula and am able to attend births to finish up my certification. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...