Saturday, February 10, 2018

39 weeks: Ruby turns 6!!!

Our big girl turned 6 this week! I can't believe how old she is already. She is a joy and delight, always wanting to stay busy, always with other people.

Our middle boy is just as hilarious as ever. I think 3 is my favorite age, he says and does the funniest things. A few examples:
"See, I'm still fat. If I poke my tummy I'm still fat."
"Kid will you hurry up on making dinner? You're doing it slow. I'll keep on shooting the bad guys. Pew! Pew!"

Miles is pulling himself up on everything. My favorite thing he does is laugh at us when we laugh, then we laugh back at him and go back and forth. He's just so happy.
 We drew some of our toys. She did pretty good!
Reid drew Dr. Beverly Crusher, and those are her long legs with lots of different shoes on. Haha!
 He's standing with stuff so well!
 Peek-a-boo
 And one handed.
 She loves to play with him.
 So excited for the bath!
 Chubby guy.
 And birthday morning! She wanted pancakes for breakfast, and we opened a few gifts before she went to school.
 She was so excited.
 While she was at school, I took Reid to the pet store and we picked out a fish for Ru. His name is Cobra.
 Putting on her pretty jewels for her party.
 Grandpa helped her make the pin the handle on the tea cup game.
 Ruby chose a chocolate hazelnut cake, which was a little intense to make (my favorite kind). I had to make 4 different mixtures, not including the ganache :) It turned out delicious.
 Ruby got this fun keyboard from us. The boys both love it too!
 My mom gave Ruby my old American Girl doll Samantha. :) She loves her.
 King Miles
 All ready for the party! She's so pretty.
 Helping me finish up the cake.
 All done!
 And I went a little overboard on the charcuterie for the party, but it was fantastic and delicious. The kids loved all of the different kinds of cheese.
King Miles again. 
 And King Reid.
 Gift time!
 Ruby and my sister's foster daughter had fun playing outside in their fancy dresses.
He fell asleep like this. Hahaha!
Happy Birthday Ruby!!!
 
 Enjoying their birthday feast.
 All of the grand kids!
 On Sunday Reid had so much fun watching Andy iron. He was fascinated.
 Giving each other a car seat hug.
So sweet. 
 We went to Pip's after church for Ruby's free birthday donuts. They found these fun old microphones to play with while we waited (probably an hour wait).
 Opening up a package (don't worry, they're butter knives and they were supervised).
 Playing Clue as a family.
 Such a cutie! All ready for school.
 He really is so happy.
 Horsey ride with Grandma.
 Miles likes his car and truck sheets. These boys are so much fun.
 We went to Baby Time at the library.
 They both had fun!
 He'll be walking soon, I'm sure. Way before our other kids.
 Writing birthday thank yous.
 He's so sad sometimes, most of the time for no real reason... he has a hard time calming down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...