Saturday, March 3, 2018

42 Weeks: Valentine's Day

We had a fun week! My parents came for two overnights on their way to and from Nebraska, which was so fun! The kids love it when they come and play with them. :) And they're a big help for me too.

Miles is getting molars, so it has been rough, poor guy. Hopefully they will come in without too much pain. He has been getting everywhere and into everything lately. He reminds me of a little Ruby, which does not bode well. She was a busy, busy baby/toddler and still is! It's exhausting to say the least. He's quick and loves putting everything into his mouth.
 Reid and I have fun together. We built this train track all the way from his bedroom to the living room. Miles loved watching, although when he's down on the floor he crawls around and pulls it apart to chew on.
 I was grinding coffee and Reid was fascinated but it was a bit loud.
 My parents got Ruby out the door to school and played with the boys on Valentine's Day while Andy and I went out to this delicious breakfast. <3 It was so lovely, we had a great time.
 Reid has put together this puzzle all by himself several times!
 We made a maze for Miles to crawl through, which was so fun.
 Our evening date... a glass of wine and chatting on the couch...
 ...and we got a Date Box which had a spa kit. We had way too much fun doing these cucumber masks. Haha!! The kids saw this picture the next morning and were kind of freaked out.
 He's standing really well with one hand holding on. He's not quite cruising yet, but he will be soon I'm sure.
 Both of our big kids love to help me cook. Apparently Ruby gave Reid this blue dress when she got her red one for her birthday, so he has been wearing it to dance around the living room. Haha! 
 Photo cred: Reid
 Reading to our friend Flint at our home community we go to on Friday nights.
 Oh Reid...
 Reading the Bible story book to Miles.
 Ruby made this dragon head for Chinese New Years at school. It's so pretty!
 We had fun doing Star Wars Madlibs at lunch! The kids thought it was hilarious, especially when we put "poop" as the noun.
 We got a little bit of snow on Sunday morning! I wasn't sure we were going to get any this year.
 My parents went to church with us and then had to head down south. So we stopped in at City Liquidators to look around for a while. They sure are cute.
 Family Clue, boys vs. girls. Ruby and I won. :)
 They built an epic fort.
 And then another one the next morning. Ruby didn't have school on Monday so we had a pajama/fort morning.
 In China, of course.
 And then we made stamps out of corks and toilet paper tubes.
 Then she got dressed and Andy took her to work with him for a few hours.
Here's her setup at the train car. She brought lots to do.
Meanwhile, the boys and I bundled up and went for a walk.
 "Look Mom, I'm in the tree!"
 He likes sticks a lot.
 Drawing time before bed.
 And of course, massage time.

1 comment:

  1. I'll post a comment... I think these pictures say a thousand words!! So sweet that Ruby can go to work with Andy now and then. Love how Reid is just so interested in how everything works!! And that Miles.... Love them all!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...