Thursday, October 11, 2018

Rain, rain, rain

For the week of 9/11-9/17
It got rainy real fast! It was definitely welcome though, after a hot, dry summer. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune in March or April though. Haha
We're settling into the school routine. Miles and I usually do errands or chores while Reid and Ruby are at school, then on Tuesdays/Thursdays we either stay home or go out somewhere and have fun. Here's our typical morning (M, W, F)
4:45 My alarm goes off and I get up to teach two English classes in the garage from 5-6am. Andy gets Miles if he wakes up before 6.
6:00 Miles and Reid wake up and I nurse Miles and drink my coffee while they play.
6:30 I make Ruby and Reid's lunches and start on breakfast.
7:00 Ruby's awake and we eat breakfast, then she gets dressed and brushes her teeth.
7:54 Ruby's bus comes and she heads out the door to school. Then I get Reid dressed and his teeth brushed.
8:45 Andy takes Reid to school while I put Miles down for his first nap. Then I finally get dressed the rest of the way! (Up until now I've been in joggers, but dressed the rest of the way for teaching).

We like our routine, it works well for us! Well, at least until Miles drops his first nap, then I'm not sure how that will work since I have to get Reid at 1:30. That would be a long time for Miles to wait for a nap... We'll have to figure it out.
 The kids have been very into coloring pages lately. Reid's on the left, Ruby's on the right.
Reid has really gotten better with coloring in the lines though since preschool started! It's impressive.
 The kids got new lunch boxes, Ruby's matches her backpack and she loves it.
 The boys and I went for a rainy walk.
 Reid made a hammock out of his sheet for his stuffed animals.
 I usually do the dishes right after dinner while Andy plays with the kids. They made a cute train. I sure wish our house had better lighting for pictures.
 Miles loves bubbles!
 Heading out the door to school.
 Reid went out to meet Ruby's bus. It's so nice that it drops off right outside our house!
 She's so cute, she made a picture for her friend at school.
 This is how he sleeps. He says his tummy has "fresh cold" so he likes to touch it. So cute.
 Mmm... yogurt.
 Our little friend Megan comes over every other Thursday. They helped me make granola.
 On Friday I started MOPs with just Miles. He doesn't get his first nap though because it starts at 9. He typically just falls asleep on the way home, then I wake him up for lunch and to go get Reid. Thankfully he goes back to sleep when we get home for a good nap.
 He loves music! Just like our other two.
 That scratch on his forehead started a series of face owies for the poor guy. He's just too busy.
 I got to the car to head to our Home Community and apparently the kids were driving... 
 ...so Andy and I sat in their car seats! Hahaha It was a little squished.
 We have lots of little boys at our Home Community, and only one other little girl! It's so fun though.
 Miles loves crawling in tunnels.
 Story time!
 Ruby's on her bed behind that fortress, they were having a stuffed animal war.
 Wearing Mommy's cardigan.
 Ruby found her baby book. <3
 I'm not really sure what's going on in this picture... Haha!
 The kids keep insisting that Miles use the potty. He never actually goes, but he sure likes trying!
 We had a fun day playing outside.
 Then the kids built this huge nest and laid in it for nap time.
 Family walk! The weather cleared up and it was beautiful.
Reid at Preschool! He loves wearing his thermal shirts because they're so warm.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids make me laugh!!! Love each little incident you post about! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...