Wednesday, July 27, 2011

14 Weeks

(I need to stop taking these pictures right after dinner! My belly's not quite this big normally :)

07/27/11

We are now into the second trimester. Yay! Thankfully the first one wasn’t that bad, but I hear the second is supposed to be better. I’m still pretty tired though, so maybe that will let up a bit soon.

Last Thursday I woke up with a headache and went to work. At 9:00 I had to go home because I felt like I was going to pass out and my head was worse. So I slept for a few hours and laid on the couch the rest of the day. My headache didn’t get any better, so at bedtime I finally gave in and took ½ Tylenol and that finally got rid of my headache by morning. I think the whole thing was from our Gold Beach trip and me not getting enough sleep while we were there. I have to take it easy when I can, and going to bed at 9:00 has been working really well.

We had our 14 week midwife appointment this morning. Everything looks good and is right on track. We heard a nice heartbeat. Carol had to take some more blood because one of the tests was a little wonky, so they’re doing another test. It should be fine, I’m not too worried. I don’t have another midwife appointment for 6 more weeks (20 weeks is the next one), but that will be fine because everything seems to be going so well.

We’re just getting so excited about having our little baby on the way! We don’t have any names picked out yet, but there are a few that we especially like.

Changes this week: I think I’m really starting to have a little baby bump. It really shows up after I eat dinner in the evenings. Pretty funny. I’m still very tired, but not so nauseous anymore, which is nice. I’m still having to pee several times a night and at least once an hour during the day.

Cravings this week: I finally got the Thai food that I’ve been craving from the beginning of my pregnancy. It was yummy! Mashed potatoes sound good right now…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...