Wednesday, August 24, 2011

18 Weeks

(Thanks for the cute cardigan, Mom!)

08/24/11

Not too much to report this week. This second trimester thing is a breeze so far. Aside from needing 9+ hours of sleep a night and naps on the weekend (interrupted by leg cramps and getting up to use the bathroom), it’s going pretty great. I definitely am sporting the baby belly now. And I love it. I’m going to need to go maternity clothes shopping this week. It’s really fun to feel the baby move around every day, and I can’t wait until Andy can feel it too.

We decided on a girl name that we really like. Sorry, we’re not sharing. But we’re still pretty stuck on what to choose for a boy name. At least we have lots of time still. I’ve been poking around at what to put on our registry. There are so many baby things out there, and I’m not sure what I’ll need. I guess that’s what family and friends that have had babies are for.

I’m trying to get lots of rest to catch up from summer camp still. My sister’s family is coming up this weekend, so we’ll have lots of fun shopping and floating in the creek with them. It’s supposed to be pretty hot.

On another note, one of my chickens started laying eggs on Friday, and we joined a CSA this week. So I’ll have lots of fresh vegetables and eggs to eat full of lots of nutrition for the baby. And I’ve heard that what you eat during pregnancy the baby can taste and is more likely to like those things in the future. So bring on the veggies!

Changes this week: Bigger belly, but not too much else.

Cravings this week: Steak, but I haven’t had any yet.

1 comment:

  1. You are looking cuter all the time!! Wish I was closer.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...