Wednesday, August 17, 2011

17 Weeks


08/17/11

17 weeks now, and the baby is the size of an onion. The best part is… I felt the baby move this week! On Friday in the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom, and felt a light touch on the inside of my lower stomach. It was pretty cool. I’ve been feeling it a lot more in the last few days. I think I have an active baby in there. It just feels like a tickle mostly.

We had our Middle School camp over the weekend. Let me just say that I’m still exhausted from it. It was tons of fun, but very tiring. I love spending time with those kids, and I’ll miss it during Winter Camp in February. I’d like to stay very involved after the baby comes, though. At camp we floated down the Santiam, hiked to Marion Lake, and tubed on Detroit Lake. I got a good workout manning a pontoon boat on the river. The hike was 5.5 miles round trip, and at the end of the way to the lake, my hip started hurting really bad. Then it hurt all the way down and that night and the next day. It felt like when I strained my hip flexor in high school, only on the other side. So I iced it, and thankfully it’s doing much better. I guess I pushed it a little too hard.

Three weeks until our next midwife appointment and we’ll also be half way to our due date! It seems like it’s going so slowly, but it’s fast at the same time. I just can’t wait to hold my baby.

Changes this week: Movement! And I’m still tired and having to pee all the time, so thing new there. My tummy’s filling out a little more. Everyone at work comments on my belly, and I’m not sure I like it. I mean, I am pregnant, so my belly will get bigger… Oh well. Embrace the bump.

Cravings this week: Ice cream sandwiches

2 comments:

  1. It makes me think of:
    "Get out of my church!"
    "Out!"
    "Oomph"
    "Out!"
    "Oomph"
    "Out!"
    "Oomph"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wait until they start patting your tummy!!
    You are looking pregnant!! You are so cute. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...