Wednesday, October 26, 2011

27 Weeks


10/26/11

Hello third trimester!! We have 13 weeks until our due date, which doesn’t seem like very much. The baby’s about 2 pounds now and I’m feeling it all the time. Last night I definitely felt a foot sticking out by my belly button. We both love feeling it move and are getting so excited to meet our little one. We’ve been talking about what it’s going to be like… will it like Lego? Cooking? Sports? Computers? Math? We’ll just have to wait and see on those. I’m wondering what it’s going to look like. Our friends have a baby who looks exactly like a girl version of her daddy, then others are a combination of both parents. Only three months left until we know!

I’ve been remembering tons of dreams lately and having some strange ones that feel very real. The other night I was hanging out with a friend in my dream and then I prayed for her. I don’t think I’ve ever prayed in a dream before. I’ve been sleeping pretty terribly also. It’s the same old story where my left hip hurts and my right leg goes numb. I can do this! When I think of the issues I have, I get very grateful for the ones I don’t have (heartburn, exhaustion, carpel tunnel, swelling, etc.).

We’re getting ready to start taking our birthing classes soon hopefully. Our midwife recommended a lady in Dallas, OR so hopefully that will work out. I’ve been working on relaxation, and we’ll hopefully have a peaceful birth. I’m pretty confident in my birthing ability so far, and I’m not really worried at all. I’m really looking forward to having a big tub in my house for the delivery

Changes this week: The tendinitis in my foot is much better. I was able to jog on my treadmill this morning a little bit while I walked and it didn’t hurt at all. I’m really starting to feel pregnant. Moving around while I’m laying down is getting to be a chore.

Cravings this week: Fritos Someone brought a bag to small group and left it, so I’ve been snacking on them. I’ve actually been craving them for a while, but I couldn’t bring myself to buy them. It’s so funny how cravings change. I went from craving fruit and cheese to Cheez-Its to pickles to Asian food to chicken nuggets to Fritos. At least it’s mostly savory food and not sweets. It is going to be hard to keep away from sugar with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up. I don’t want to grow a monster baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill,
    Wow, you are a cute pregnant momma! I can almost remember how it felt at this stage. I remember being 6 months and people thought I was about ready to deliver. You can do it! Sorry you are having trouble sleeping. I'll pray about that. Maybe getting you ready for cries in the night? Won't be long now. Be careful with "salty" things - makes you retain water. See you very soon!
    I love you! MOM

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...