Friday, June 20, 2014

6 weeks: Smiles, parties and swimming lessons

Ruby and Reid have both been sick with another cold. I think Ruby picks them up from other little kids at the nursery or the library, and then brings them home. Andy has been a little sick too. It's really sad when Reid is all stuffy and breathes really loud. I have to suck his snot out, but it doesn't always work very well. Poor guy.

Reid's doing great though. He's not as chubby as Ruby was at this age though, for sure. He's still growing and getting big and tall. He was all smiles this afternoon. After nap time he usually has some nice awake time from 3:30-5 or so, and is usually happy. 

We're starting to get ready for our big trip south. Andy's heading to Mexico and me and the kids are heading to my parents' house, camping, and then to Wisconsin. It should be a fun trip, but I'm a little apprehensive at the same time. Camping with two little ones and traveling in general will be interesting. I've been having a hard time the last few weeks because Andy has been extra busy at work getting ready for Mexico, doing end of the school year things, etc. This week he's gone 6 out of 7 nights. It's hard to put Ruby to bed when Reid is crying, and then I can't put him down without him crying so nothing else gets done. I know this stage will be short lived though. I guess we're still just adjusting to having two.
 He likes sticking out his tongue.
 Ruby's first french braids. :)
 She stuck her clippies in the bread. She's so silly.
 We celebrated Father's Day with the Pullens on Saturday. Ruby liked holding Coraline.
 And she and Charlotte played outside for a long time.
 Leading around Aunt Becca's new bulldog, Joanna.
 :)
 Reid got dedicated in church on Sunday. Here's his cute outfit.
 And Ruby looked pretty too.
 It was special.
 After church nap time.
 Ruby started swimming lessons on Monday. She was supposed to be in the 2-year class, but I think she was the only kid signed up. So she got moved up to the 3-4 year class. She did great though! She even jumped off of the side of the pool.
 Having fun with her teacher. She loved splashing.
 Karley's 3rd birthday party. These girls are all 3 now except for Ruby. But she fits in with them just fine.
Brynn, Hannah, Karley, Penny, Ruby
 Reid didn't mind his bath this week.
 She was feeding a snack to Brown Bear.
 Two babies!
 Smiling at his sister.
 Reading library books with Daddy.
 It's been nice weather. Yesterday we played outside for a while, until I got scared of the wasps flying around. I don't want my babies to get stung!
 Me and my best girl. I love her.
 Tummy time!
 Ruby has been taking lots of pictures with my phone. Some of them aren't too bad. :)
 Cute boy.
 We went to the middle school Out of School Bash last night.
 Ruby made a new friend. :)
 Today was our friend Quinn's 3rd birthday at the park. Ruby had fun balancing.
 Quinn and Ruby.
 Reid had fun on his play mat.
 They love each other.
Good night Snowy Bear and Ruby!

1 comment:

  1. Very fun pictures. Ruby is so grown up and Reid is just plain growing - love his smiles. Such special times. Can't wait until you come! It will be a great time. Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...