Thursday, May 26, 2016

Family shenanigans

After being cooped up for a whole week, we were able to get out a bit and enjoy the park and the zoo. But then this week I haven't had the energy to venture out with the three kids (I've had Penelope all week). So back to being cooped up! She's not coming all next week though, so I'm busy planning lots of fun adventures for us! I love exploring and finding fun things to do with the kids. :)

Ruby is having so much fun playing lately. Her primary love language is definitely quality time. She constantly wants Andy and I to play things with her, which we love to do. And she's great at coming up with new things to play too.

Reid hasn't needed much sleep lately! He has been going to sleep super late (like 9pm or later! We put him to bed at 8-ish), getting up early (6am-ish), and only napping for an hour or two. I don't know how he functions on so little sleep for a 2-year-old. But I can't get him to sleep more. He must just be one of those ones who doesn't need a lot of sleep. I envy that!
 Andy and I had our 10 year anniversary of our engagement this week! I can't believe it's been that long already. :) I'm so glad he asked me. It's been a great 10 years.
 Potty party! Reid has been wanting to sit on the potty more. In fact, today he told me "Poopy." I checked his diaper and he hadn't pooped. And then he did, and said, "Potty." I should have just put him on the potty when he first said it! I'll know for next time. 
 Music time! They had fun playing the ukulele and mandolin.
 Squishy face!
 I got some squeeze bottles and made these fun pancakes for the kids on Saturday. They loved it!
We headed to the park after nap and had so much fun playing baseball! Ruby likes to bat lefty, but writes and throws righty.
 Reid needs some batting lessons. But seeing a dog in the back ground reminds me that every time he sees a dog he says, "Hi doggy!" over and over again. He loves them!
 Now the real competition begins. He hit a home run. :)
 Yogurt lips! We have Cereal Sundays, and these guys love it.
 We were all too sick to go to church, so we stayed home and had a Sabbath. We spent time with Jesus, read our bibles, sang, danced, rested, and it was good. I set up blankets for the kids to read their bibles on, and set the timer for 3 minutes. Reid did great, but Ruby just wanted to play with us.
 We played doctor for a long time. We all got lots of shots.
 Then after nap we headed to the zoo! We got there right before it closed, so we didn't have much time. But it was fun anyway. Reid loved the birdies.
 Ruby said, "Mom, why are there two crocodiles?"
 We got an up close view of the giraffes eating their dinner.
 Balancing on the wall.
 Riding the lion!
 Soccer time! Ruby's a pretty good goalie.
 We ordered some caterpillars from a gift from my parents. The first ones arrived dead because they were delivered on a super hot day. But they sent a replacement, and we have 5 thriving caterpillars!
 It's so fun to watch them! They're about 5x bigger already! They'll be building their cocoons any day now.
 Castle building is fun.
 Playing in the laundry. They did this pretty much all day on Tuesday.
 Penelope! She's sure a cutie.
 Right after he woke up from his nap. Hahaha!
 I made some new play dough yesterday and then made a nativity scene.
 And we made an awesome train track! Reid's remote controlled train is way too fun on it.
 Ruby came up with a fun game that we played last night. It was Blind Man's Bluff but we had to throw paper airplanes at each other. It was so funny!
 Reading last night. He kept saying, "Who's hiding? Spider!"
 And reading again this morning.
 He was telling me all about the chair.
 Serving up some blanket salad.
 We made Train Land today! It was a lot of fun.
Ruby put on one of my tank tops under her shirt like I wear it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at Ruby's game she made up!! Love Reid's after nap pictures. Such a cuddle bug. Miss all of you so much!! Glad the caterpillars are growing! Happy 3 day Memorial weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...