Thursday, July 24, 2014

11 weeks: A quiet week at home

 "I'm two!"
It's been a much quieter week this week after all of the craziness of the past few. Ruby was still a little sick on Thursday and threw up a little bit before bed that night. She had some more diarrhea the last few days too. I'm not sure why she's still sick, so hopefully she will be well soon and we won't have to worry about it anymore. She has started saying "l" in her words this week. I made some cobbler and she says it with a little flip l that is so cute.
Reid has grown a lot this week! And he's turning into such a happy, alert little guy. He loves smiling and cooing, and I think he'll start laughing soon. He rolls over from tummy to back and loves to kick his legs and move his arms a lot. He had his two month appointment last Tuesday (I forgot to write it in the blog) and he was 13 lbs 7.5 oz and just over 25 inches. When they first put him on the scale it said 12 lbs, and I knew that wasn't right, because he was over 12 lbs at the midwife at 7 weeks. The scale was just tilted wrong or something, so they weighed him again. I knew he was too chunky for 12 lbs. :) He's growing out of his 3 month clothes, so I got out some of his 6 month things. Wow, time has been going by fast. He has been sleeping pretty good too, except for last night. He usually does 10-4 or 5, which is so nice. Hopefully he'll keep that up.
 Mommy picked blackberries and Ruby ate plenty.
 Chubby thighs!
 Little angel.
 Ruby took this one. Pretty good, I think.
On Sunday after nap we went to Shady Dell, a train park, with our friends the Cline's. You can ride around on these scale trains, and it was lots of fun!
 Ruby and Aiden had lots of fun together. They liked laughing and dancing to the live music at the restaurant.
 Tummy time!
 I'm pretty sure there's a picture kind of like this one of me and my brother when we were little. <3
 This is how we nap every day.
 Poor guy has to bathe in a pink tub. Ruby loves helping give him a bath.
 "Two towers."
 We went to the free lunch in the park on Tuesday. Reid was fussy in my Mei Tai, so I put him in the stroller!
 Playing with Quinn.
 She loves her little brother.
 Reid comes to small group with us.
 Ruby got her hair trimmed.
 So curly and so cute!
 Her version of a smiley face.
 She loves her water colors we got at Target today!
What a big boy!

1 comment:

  1. So many changes each week!! So glad Reid does a big chunk of sleeping each night. Sorry Ruby has still had sick issues, hope it is over very soon. Such cute pictures!!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...