Thursday, April 9, 2020

A weekend away and Gerald is born!


For the week of 2/4-2/10
 I went out to run an errand, and I came back to this sign on the table and all of the family hiding. Hah!
 Miles likes getting popcorn at Les Schwab while we get the tires rotated.
 I printed off our two most recent Disneyland trip photos and added them to our ongoing frame. :)
 Making Valentines for school. It was quite a multi-day project. They did great and wrote all of the names themselves.
 The kids built this huge pile of a chair, pillows, and blankets so it could be the "back stage" are of their stage. They would hide behind it and then come out on stage. Haha!! They're so creative.
 Waffle morning!
 He's so silly.
 He likes to play with the twisty ties at Winco and calls them "vacuums" which Reid started a long time ago.
 This is how he feels after a long grocery shopping trip... Winco and Costco in one day.
 So then I took him to see some tractors.
 The kids love to make vehicles out of Duplos.
 He's constantly filling the sink and playing in the water.
 We got Ruby's new room all set up! She loves it. It's definitely not always this clean though...
 He was pretending to be a kitty and wanted some milk. Hah!
 On Friday night, Andy and I got to go to a hotel downtown for a special thing for church. It was so fun, and so lovely!
 We had a gorgeous view of the river. Our days were mostly filled with meetings and gatherings, but we still had some nice time away, much needed. Patty stayed with our kids.
 Reid made us this huge sign for when we got home. <3
 Ruby made a fairy garden!
 We made curry, it's Reid's favorite!
 Hahaha!
 They were making us this sign for our bed. They are so sweet.
 Playing Star Wars, they were Luke and Leia.
 And I'm not really sure who he was. Haha! I think Ruby just wanted to dress him up in her dress.
 Sibling train!
 Then Monday morning I woke up to a text that Dana was in labor! I headed straight in to the hospital to be their doula. It was absolutely amazing to be able to support them. Aside from a fever and uterine infection, everything went extremely well.
Dana's mom and I about 9 hours later, right after Gerald was born!
 Dana did such an amazing job. <3 I loved every minute of it.
Such a tiny little sweetie! I love him so much, and I've definitely found my calling supporting women in birth. I can't wait to get trained and started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...