Sunday, April 19, 2020

Ice skating


For the week of 2/25-3/2

Reid had his 100th day of school celebration!
 His list of things was so cute. I love how he spells.
They all made crowns to celebrate.
 And then he came home with a bag of 100 goodies... and he generously shared it with his siblings. <3
 Then he made a bed for himself.
 They had fun making some food towers!
 Praying.
 Ruby and her good friend Penny.
 Reading to himself.
 After school play time with the neighbors!
 And a lovely family walk when the weather was nice.
 They always insist on taking a photo here, even though we don't even live in Oak Hills. Hah!
 Here too. :) They sure are cute.
 We walked up the hill and this power pole had a huge crack in it that was full of those little black and red bugs that fly! It was gross.
 Ruby made this pioneer girl at school.
 Reid made this vehicle for Woody.
 And wrote me a card.
 <3
 I had been really exhausted, and Miles was being busy/naughty, so Andy got me a hotel room all by myself for a night! Long story, but he got it for free which was great. And at that hotel we had stayed at a few weeks before. It was so lovely, I had lots of time to read, journal, pray, take a long bath with a glass of wine, and sleep. Just what I needed, although I sure missed my family!
 Saturday evening Ruby had a birthday party to go to for our neighbor down the street. 
 Ice skating!!
 She was so cute. She held on to the rail for quite a while and went around and around.
 Then I decided to join her. :)
 She really started to get the hang of it. Some ladies skated by and suggested she try to march, as that's what they teach first in skating lessons.
 It worked! She marched around and around the rink and barely had to hold on anymore. It was so much fun, she didn't want to quit. She was quite bruised the next day though, she fell a ton. But she got right back up, of course, and loved it.
She's so cute.
 
Meanwhile, the boys built this huge train track at home with Dad.
 I love it when she reads to them.
 I got new construction paper, so Ruby made Miles "Baby's First Book of Colors."
 Laying in the doll bed. Hah!
Oh Miles... he's so silly. He really enjoyed his risotto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...