Thursday, April 30, 2015

51 weeks: Celebrating my birthday

 This guy has started climbing on things! He getting really good at getting around and will stand for 10 seconds or so on his own. He's taken a few tiny steps by himself, and I'm sure he'll be walking soon. He's getting another tooth, so 4 total for this month. But he's doing pretty well with that. It is getting really difficult to change his diaper because he constantly wants to be on the move and absolutely hates laying there. Poor guy.
Ruby got a cold from the nursery this week, and I think Reid is getting it too. :( They've been really healthy all spring, this is only their second cold since the nasty RSV thing we had in January. I think the vitamin D I've been giving them has really helped with that. She has not been doing well with potty training still. She's been having a lot of accidents. It's hard. She is, however, doing better with her attitude and not throwing so many tantrums. There was a night last week that was really, really difficult, but it's gotten a lot better since then. I've cut out a lot of sugar that she gets, and I think that helps. Also, she doesn't get to snack as much and eats better meals that way.
 My sweet kids love each other so much.
 My attempt at a healthy snack with celery, cream cheese, and bell peppers... She ate the cream cheese.
 We got the kids a slide and Ruby loves it indoors and out.
 Cuties in the bath.
 Andy and Ruby made me a birthday cake on Sunday morning. It was pretty cute.
 We went out to lunch with some friends after going to Imago Dei church. It was really good and more emotional for us than we thought it would be.
 Ruby turned 39 months on Sunday! She's getting so big. Definitely a little girl now.
 He read this  book for a long time. So cute.
 Putting candles on my birthday cake.
I love this photo. I love the way she looks at me. <3 Oh, and that's a lot of candles!
 After cake we watched the Sound of Music. Well, part of it. We watched it a little bit at a time for three nights before the kids went to bed.
 He loves walking and pushing things.
 Lounging in Daddy's lap.
 Bedtime bible stories.
 He found Mama's purse.
 I love this shot. We've had fun playing "pitch" in our back yard.
 Helping me make tacos. She loves cooking!
 We made the ducks from the book "Make Way for Ducklings."
 On Tuesday we went to Omsi! It was so much fun. We spent the whole time in the little kids' room. Then Andy came and met us for lunch, which we loved!
 Playing in the water area.
 Ruby LOVED the sand area.
 She played and played.
 Then I brought Reid in, and he LOVED it too! We'll be spending a lot of time there I'm sure.
 So much fun!
 And so much sand!
 Oh, I almost forgot! He's been copying our words like crazy this week and learning lots of new ones. I taught him "thank you" when he was handing me things. And he said "tada" today after Ruby did, and "mine" and "uh-oh." He doesn't say them perfectly, but he tries and does pretty well!
 She loves Richard Scarry books.
 Playing in her closet. She was sick in the hospital so I made her a casserole of chicken and tomatoes.
 They were both reading! Parenting success moment.
 Eating a snack together. Reid kept trying to stand up. He doesn't know how to sit in a chair yet really. Ruby had a sick day yesterday, so we stayed home and she was in her jammies all day. She's just got a pretty stuffy nose.
 I was nursing Reid and had told Ruby that we were going to have tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch. So she went and got all of this out and ready on her own! I'm just glad she doesn't know how to turn on the burners yet. But honestly so cute. And she said, "Mom, I ate two bites. It's cold."
 Then she wanted to play sick on the couch and wanted me to bring her a tray of food. We don't have any trays, so this is what she got. :)
 Reid woke up super early from nap yesterday and was so cute.
 He climbed into this box all by himself!
 Playing with the ads.
 When Ruby takes the pillows off of the couch Reid can climb up there. They had a blast playing on it today.
 Faux hawk.
Trying to play Legos with sister. They usually play together okay, but then he tries to take her things and she doesn't like it so much. Or she takes his things and he cries. They'll learn.

1 comment:

  1. That Ruby is quite the cook for 3 years old. So smart!! I love Reid's grin and can't wait to see all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...