Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow days and pneumonia scare

As I said on my Sunday post, we got about 10 inches of snow over Thursday and Friday. That made driving interesting, so we mostly just stayed at home. Lots of things were cancelled anyway. We played in the snow a few times and I tried to be creative with things to do inside. Ruby watched her first full movie. Well, kind of. She played a lot during it.

 Here she's organizing coins from my purse into boxes. Then she said, "I need a dollar."

 She mostly took off her jammies, but didn't want to take off her boots so the feet stayed on. :)

 And then she wore her boots most of the day.

 Knee deep in the snow on Friday. It was super powdery, so we couldn't really throw snowballs or build a snow man.

 Cutie pie.

 Watching Toy Story with Woody. This was the beginning of the movie.

And then she went and played a lot, and this was at the very end. She just wanted to cuddle with Mommy. :) 

 Super deep snow (for this area)!

Her cute little pony tail. 

 Reading stories.

 Making Valentine's. She loves the glue sticks.

 We ventured out on Saturday to see the baby chicks at Wilco and get some groceries at Safeway.

 Then on Saturday night we went to the Butenschoen's house and slipped and slid all the way there. When we got there, Andy decided to put the chains on so we could get home over the hill. Thank goodness he did or we wouldn't have made it home. Ruby liked to play with their toys while the Bute kids all ran around while Andy jumped out at them.

 She likes to drink the milk out of her bowl when she's done with her cereal.

 The chickens hated the snow, but finally decided to venture out on Sunday. Then they went right back in their coop.

 Church was cancelled because of all the ice. So Andy told Ruby the parable of the farmer with the different soil with Legos. It was pretty cute.

 Silly Ruby.

 We decided to make ravioli from scratch (challenged to a competition by Tony). It turned out amazing.

 So delicious.

 Beautiful view from the church parking lot.

 Reading a story with Daddy.

 And napping with Daddy.

 Kind of...

 Again, silly Ruby.

 I took Ruby to see Dr. Guesly on Tuesday for her 2-year appointment, and he was worried about her chest congestion. And she also had a little ear infection. So we got sent to get her a chest x-ray to see if it was walking pneumonia.

 Waiting for the x-ray.

 She got strapped in, but she did really really good. I couldn't be in there with her because I'm pregnant, but she did fine by herself. She didn't cry or fuss at all.

 It was still hard to watch.

 She got all kinds of goodies... a sticker, a bracelet, a slinky, bouncy balls, and a slap bracelet.
 The x-ray came back fine, so we decided not to do antibiotics unless she develops a fever. I want her to be able to fight off infections by herself, especially since she doesn't seem to be in too much pain. So we did a breathing treatment to open up her lungs a little bit. She did really good with that too.

 An hour and a half later we finally made it home. We ate lunch quick, and she sacked out until 4:00 when I had to wake her up. So cute. She seems to be feeling better every day, and her cough has definitely gotten better. I got some homeopathic remedies today, so we're trying those too. I have to take her back in after 10 days to check her ear, and when she's all better, we have to go back to get her Hep A and B shots which we postponed.

 She loves these jammies. And she's having so much fun building Legos.

 She carries her little table and chairs all over the house.

 We saw a worm crawling across our driveway, and she wanted to stop and look at it. She said, "Ruby bend down low."

Making more valentine's. She loves doing crafts.

1 comment:

  1. Love all these pictures!!! You are a great parents to have her experience so many fun things!!


Camp Awesome!

The big kids went to Camp Awesome at church on Tues-Thurs. They had so much fun! Reid stayed from 9-12, and Ruby stayed from 9-4!  Read...