Sunday, February 16, 2014

28 weeks

I'm now officially in the third trimester! Woo! Less than three months to go (hopefully). Baby Heartbeat is about the size of an eggplant now and is about 2 1/4 pounds. I'm feeling him/her move a lot now, which is so fun. It was moving in the night the other night, and I had a dream that I could see it's hands and face poking out on my skin and it was trying to hold Andy's finger. Also, last night Andy and I both dreamt that I was a pirate. Hmmm...

We really can't wait to meet this little one! I think Ruby's going to be a great big sister. She's really helpful most of the time. We're still working on names, but hopefully we'll make some decisions soon. I just keep wondering what this one will look like, what it's personality will be like, how much like Ruby it will be, etc.

My belly's really getting big and my maternity clothes are starting to get a little small. I've had a crazy couple of days these last few, and by the evenings, my feet are hurting and have been a tiny bit swollen. Sleeping has been no fun, I usually wake up several times a night to use the bathroom or just because I'm uncomfortable. And I've been staying up too late watching the Olympics, so that doesn't help either. At least I still have my nap times! Thank you Ruby.

Changes this week: Swollen feet, huge belly - I can't believe I've got three more months to grow.

Cravings this week: I think dark chocolate is just my favorite.

Link to Ruby's 28 week post

2 comments:

  1. Love you Jill! Praying for your during this exciting and physically difficult time. You and Andy are great parents, if a bit piratical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and the little one every day!!! Love you so much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...