Wednesday, June 29, 2011

10 Weeks

06/29/11

We’re officially ¼ of the way to our due date! Even though we didn’t know for the first four weeks, so those don’t really count. But it’s already going by fast.

We had an appointment with our midwife today and we heard the heartbeat! It was 164 bpm, which is great for this stage. I was nervous, because sometimes you can’t hear it at 10 weeks, then I probably would have worried. But it was very reassuring to hear our little kumquat’s heart beating. Our midwives (Carol and Janine) are very nice Christian ladies. I like them a lot, and they really know what they are doing. I also felt the top of my uterus this week! It’s sticking out above my pelvic bone. I’m not really showing yet (still bloated though), but I probably won’t be able to hide it in the next few weeks.

We’re going to start telling more people this week, starting with my extended family at our annual Juanita Lake camping trip. I’m pretty excited about that! My cousin’s wife Holly is also pregnant, so that will be fun, even though she’s way ahead of me. I’ll probably tell people at work this week or next week. It’s getting harder to keep sucking in my stomach so they don’t ask questions.

Changes this week: I’ve been super tired, kind of feeling sick still, moody, hungry… you name it. I’ll be happy when this first trimester is over. Three more weeks! I also couldn’t sleep last night, I was awake from 2:15 to 4:15, which was no fun. We’re going camping this weekend with my family, and I’m really not looking forward to having to pee 2-3 times in the middle of the night. And I felt my uterus so I know the baby is growing! Now it will just get bigger and bigger until I pop.

Cravings: Nothing specific, mostly milk and pickles (Not together though. Gross!). Sweet things still turn me off, which is probably a good thing!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see the real you at the campout! You are taking such good care of yourself and the growing little one inside. I love you, Jill!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...