Sunday, March 23, 2014

33 weeks

Baby Heartbeat is getting big! I think it's about 4 ¼ pounds at least, probably bigger. I'm getting awfully big too, and uncomfortable, and I'm pretty sure I'm starting to waddle. Only 7-ish weeks to go, and this last trimester is going by really fast so far. There's so much still to be done and I'm running out of time to do it all. Well, the baby will come whether or not we're totally ready, and the good thing is, all we truly need is somewhere for it to sleep and some things for it to wear. I've gone through the baby clothes up through 9 months and separated out the gender neutral things from the girl things and washed all of the gn things. If it's a girl, we can throw the girl things into the laundry real quick and be set. I'm getting excited about my baby shower coming up in a few weeks. My mom and sister are coming up for it (and my birthday too!), so that will be lots of fun.

I went to the midwife this week, and was measuring right at 33 cm. So that's good. The heartbeat was 148 I think, and the baby was in a good position! I'm not sure it has stayed that way, because I think it has flipped to breach a few times in the last few weeks too, but hopefully it will settle into anterior head down soon. The only problem was that I had a little glucose in my urine, which is exactly the same thing that happened at this point last time. It wasn't a lot, though, so I'm not worried. My blood pressure was great, and I've only been having a tiny bit of foot swelling if I'm on my feet a lot during the day.

Andy and I are going on our baby moon this week, and we're so excited! I've had a nasty cold, so hopefully I'll be better by Wednesday when we leave. I'm seriously going to miss Ruby, this will be my first nights away from her, but she'll be in good hands with my parents. It will be so nice to be able to relax at the beach. I think we're going to bring our camera to get some maternity photos taken.

Changes this week: My hips have been killing me at night. The other morning I had to get up at 6am because I just couldn't stay laying down anymore. My left hip hurts whether I'm on my left or right side. :(

Cravings this week: I've been avoiding sugar a lot of the time (except for once or twice a week), so that's good. I haven't really had other cravings though.

Link to Ruby's 33 week post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...