Sunday, March 2, 2014

30 weeks

Baby Heartbeat is getting so big now! He/she is almost 3 pounds. I've seen pictures of babies born at 30 weeks, and they look totally normal, just really small. Crazy. Hopefully we'll be able to hold on another 10 weeks. I've been having lots of Braxton Hicks, but nothing painful, and really random. I'm hoping this baby will just fall out when it's time. :)

I just got overwhelmed today about all of the things we still have to do before baby comes. Andy's so busy with work and Greek that he doesn't have much time to think about baby stuff yet. And I'm so tired and have a very busy toddler that it's hard to get stuff done. This baby is coming whether we're ready or not, so I guess we'd better do what we can. I at least need to get newborn clothes out and wash the newborn/small size diapers.

Andy has been gone at Winter Freeze this weekend, but he's home now and we're all happy. The big news this week was that Andy lost his Grandma Joan. The funeral is happening right when we were supposed to be taking our Babymoon to the coast. But we have rearranged things, and it's all going to work out. We'll go to the bay area next Sunday-Monday and take our Babymoon on the 26th-28th. I'm going to make sure to get a note from my midwife that says how far along I am so they let me fly.

Speaking of... I've been hearing a lot of comments about my belly size lately. People are shocked that I have over 2 months left. I even had someone today say there's no way I'm going to make it to May. It's kind of frustrating, because I'm measuring right on track, and I already know I look big. No need to comment on it. I just smile and say, "Yep. I guess I just grow big babies." I'm still all belly though.

Changes this week: I've been having major rib pain again in my right rib. Just like last time. I've also been having insomnia again the last few nights. Last night I was awake in the middle of the night for almost 4 hours. Needless to say, today has been hard. I've also been really hot for the last week or so. I was overheated most of my last pregnancy, but this time it has really kicked in this third trimester.

Cravings this week: Veggies. I got this really yummy salad for our staff dinner, and it's delicious. It has all kinds of healthy green things in it.

Link to Ruby's 30 week post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...