Sunday, April 27, 2014

38 weeks


Two weeks to go! Baby Heartbeat is at least 7 pounds now (more like 8 probably), and I am getting huge! My belly is way bigger this time, and so uncomfortable. Thankfully we're finally starting to recover from our nasty sickness. I'm still stuffy, and Andy still has a cough, but we have a little more energy now. We've been working really hard at trying to get everything ready for the baby to come. This week we got all of the birthing supplies ready, and we went shopping at Target for some necessities and finishing our registry. I even installed the baby's carseat base in the car. All that's left to do is scrub out the birth tub and fix the toilet. There are a few more things we'd like to get done, like organizing the utility room, but that's not a must-do.

This past Wednesday at the midwife, I had my Group B Strep test done. She asked if I wanted her to check me while she was in there, so I said go for it. Apparently I was already dilated to 2-2 1/2 cm, 50-60% effaced, and really soft. It's great that I'm so far already this time. Maybe labor will be a little faster/easier. I've been reading up on Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and watching More of the Business of Being Born in the last few weeks to get all prepped for labor. I'm getting excited, because it was such an amazing experience last time. Most of all though, I just can't wait to meet this new little person.

My blood pressure has still been really low, like 90/56 or so in the mornings. It has made me pretty tired and light headed/out of breath. I'm trying to up my sodium intake to see if that helps. And the stomach muscle on my left side is really giving me problems. It hurts really bad when I bump it or when I cough. I think it has been tearing a little bit. That's just something that I'll have to deal with for now and try to repair with physical therapy after the baby is born. I'm just hoping it doesn't affect my labor too much. I haven't been able to do much walking since I've been so sick. But hopefully I'll get to a few times this week and next week. So many people think the baby will be here early, but we'll just have to wait and see. My birth team is all on call and ready.

Changes this week: My shirts are all way too small, and my maternity pants don't like to stay up anymore! I think I might start just wearing my yoga pants while I'm at home. I'm 9 months pregnant, so that's a pretty good excuse. :)

Link to Ruby's 38 week post

1 comment:

  1. I thought I already posted on this. You are looking like "delivery time" for sure. Hang in there! You will have that precious little one on the outside soon. Hope we make it up there in time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...