Thursday, April 6, 2017

37 weeks

 We're getting so close to the end! We are so excited to meet this little one. Although I will miss the constant kicks in my belly. Well, maybe not the head butts to my bladder. Hahaha

I've been gaining weight okay, which is good. I've still gained about 10 pounds less with this one at this point. Just from eating healthier and exercising, which will be nice afterward with less weight to lose. The baby is measuring right on, so it's doing fine in there.

We're doing weekly appointments at the birth center every Monday. It's nice to get to see them and make sure the baby is doing good every time. This week it was head down and in a good position. Yay! Now hopefully it will stay there. I've been wearing my splint a lot more, which should help. We want to get the head to press down onto the cervix, but so far it hasn't really been engaging. It moves it's head around down there a lot.

I did the Group B strep test this week, and I think I actually have it this time. I will have to do either antibiotics or a hibicleanse (not sure how that's spelled) during labor, which I'm not really looking forward to. But a healthy baby is super important.

I talked to my cousin Carla today, and apparently both she and her mom had lots of bleeding after their babies. It must be a family thing. My midwives are very aware of the issue and are prepared to deal with it, which is very reassuring! It shouldn't be a problem.

Changes this week: Insomnia has been striking again. And I'm so very uncomfortable it's hard to get out of the house, especially with two other kids. :( But then when we stay home all day the house gets so messy. Ug.

Cravings this week: I made risotto and bread for dinner tonight, and it was delicious! A great treat.

Here's a photo of me at 37 weeks with each of my babies. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are a beautiful pregnant mama!! Praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...