Sunday, November 10, 2013

14 Weeks

Second trimester! Yay! Wow, I'm already getting huge. The baby is the size of a lemon now, head to rump. Ruby has taken to kissing my belly this week and she was whispering to it the other day. She probably saw Andy do that. So cute. She's going to be a great big sister. We're excited to see her in that role.

I've really been needing my naps lately. Ruby refused to nap yesterday, so I was super tired. It's nice to be able to sleep when she does. Hopefully this tiredness will let up soon.

I think I'm about ready for maternity clothes. My friend Sara is letting me borrow hers again, which will be so nice. I have some from last time and I've bought a few more things. I've been wearing my belly band with my jeans so I can unbutton them. Sitting is a lot more comfortable that way. And I'll be switching to maternity shirts soon too probably. It's kind of nice to get to wear a new wardrobe.

We've talked to Amy our doula from Ruby's birth, and she's going to be our doula again. I don't think it would have been as fantastic as it was without her. She knew exactly what I needed, and we really like her a lot.

Changes this week: Getting bigger. I thought morning sickness was over, but it comes back some days and I feel a little yucky. Especially if I don't have protein for breakfast. Hopefully it will be gone for good soon.

Cravings this week: I'm still wanting milk all the time. And I can tell I need lots of protein. I really haven't had that many cravings this time, not like I did with Ruby.

Link to Ruby's 14 week post

1 comment:

  1. You are getting big already!!! The rest of you is not, however. Hopefully you can get the rest you need.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...