Sunday, January 12, 2014

23 weeks

The baby is about 11 1/2 inches long now and weighs more than a pound. I was at Story Time at the Library with Ruby on Thursday, and I saw the baby kick from the outside! That was pretty exciting.  I think that's just about exactly how far along I was when I saw Ruby kick. Andy has been feeling it move a lot more now too. I keep trying to get Ruby to feel it, but she will only hold her hand there for about 1 second. I think she'll be excited when she does feel it.

I went to the midwife this week for my appointment (finally :)). I was measuring right on track, 22 cm, and there was only one heartbeat at 140 bpm. So it looks like there's only one baby in there. I've been thinking the same thing because of how it's been moving around. I'll feel kicks on both sides of my stomach at the same time, like it's stretching. They couldn't really feel where body parts are yet, it's still very small. I'm gaining weight a little faster now than I was at the beginning, but I'm still about on track to gain 35-ish pounds. I gained 36 with Ruby.

Changes this week: Sleep has not been good. I've been waking up for either hip pain/numbness or having to pee. :(

Cravings this week: I've been into vegetables, which is nice. Of course, I always like yummy baked goods too.

Link to Ruby's 23 week post

1 comment:

  1. It's fun to read your week to week posts!! Glad the baby is active. Still has room to move around in there. Tell the baby grandma loves him/her!

    ReplyDelete

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...