Friday, October 25, 2013

11 Weeks

10/20/13
We had our midwife appointment on Wednesday, and we heard the baby’s heartbeat! That was pretty exciting. It took a while to find it, and apparently my uterus is kind of large at this stage. Andy thinks I’m having twins. :) When we heard the little heart beating (at 164 bpm), we all said “Yay!” and Ruby kept saying “Baby heartbeat, hooray!” the rest of the day. My blood pressure was higher than my normal, but it was still within most peoples’ normal range. I’ll just try to keep an eye on it. I’ve upped my water intake as well as suggested by Julia (the midwife who was just an assistant when Ruby was born, but is now a licensed midwife with Carol).

Ruby got to tell her cousins Quin and Lia over FaceTime this week too. She pointed to my tummy and kept saying “baby.” Quin just thought she was being cute, but then he said “Wait, you’re having a baby??!!” and they were both super excited. We’re going to start telling more people this week, I’m having a really hard time keeping my belly hidden. Haha. I’m showing way more way sooner this time. So far no one has asked me though.

Changes this week: I’m not feeling too sick any more. I get super hungry though, and I’ve still been really tired. My daily naps help a lot.

Cravings this week: I can’t get enough milk. And olives and steak both sound so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family photos

For the week of August 18-24 Boy, with buying a house and moving and starting the kids' online school and starting my doula mentorship a...